Our proprietary metadata tool and healthcare metrics repository (Business Intelligence Catalog) allows organizations to track information quickly and efficiently. Find all information related to reports, dashboards, healthcare metrics and more in one, intuitive tool. The app is highly customizable, and learning the app is intuitive and fast for both technical staff and end users.
An Innovative Approach
Not just another data dictionary, the key features of the Business Intelligence Catalog (BIC) include:
- Searchable, easy-to-use web-based front end. Search all the different types of objects at once, or narrow the focus through advanced search capabilities
- Application extension without the need for a web developer. Admin users can add and configure any number of object types (like a report or dashboard) on which to track metadata
- Flexible categorization. Admin users can create custom hierarchies so, for instance, a report about surgical volumes could be organized in the “All Reports” tree and also roll up into the “Surgery” subject area
- End-user input for more complete metadata. End users can add notes and even update object descriptions (if enabled) instances that exist, etc., and then parses each report to get the SQL and the individual tables and columns the SQL references (even from command objects!)
- A Crystal Reports/Business Objects connector. Included is an automated Crystal Report inventory and documentation engine that updates the list of reports from the enterprise server, gathers key information like the last time the report was run, the number of instances that exists, etc., and then parses each report to get the SQL and the individual tables and columns the SQL references (even from command objects!). Having this sort of information readily available helps reduce the overall report burden (in our experience up to 30% of reports can be decommissioned due to the lack of use or redundancy) and makes upgrades easier since you can target only those reports that need to be updated due to changes caused by the upgrade!
The Standard Metric Repository
Built-in to the Business Intelligence Catalog is SMaRt, our Standard Measure Repository. SMaRt allows you to define your healthcare metrics in one place (in BIC), so that what shows up in your various business intelligence platforms is consistent. Even better, the business logic for each measure isn’t hidden deep in the underlying code, it’s available for everyone to see in the BIC tool. Say goodbye to healthcare metrics chaos!
The BIC tool is an affordable alternative to the overpriced metadata management options on the market. Contact us today for a demo!
Interested in exploring a metadata tool for your organization? Please fill in your contact information.